eClass Upgrade on July 2nd, 6 AM - NoonPosted on June 28th, 2012 No comments
We would like to inform you that the eClass (Moodle and Blackboard Vista) systems will be offline on Monday July 2nd, 2012 (Canada Day Holiday) from 6:00 AM to noon. We will be using this brief outage to upgrade Moodle to the newer version (2.2.3) and to add/improve a few of our Moodle plug-ins. The following features/improvements will be included with this upgrade:
- Rubrics are available as a part of the ‘Advanced grading’ module
- Improvements to how quizzes get submitted and graded
- Learning activities can now be opened at specific times on access dates
- A new course format that shows courses a single topic at a time to shorten the course home page content list
- The course overview block has been enhanced to simplify the course list display and highlight the current/upcoming courses
Please do not schedule any teaching or learning tasks during this period. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience.
CTL Technology Services